Our Competition Team are now the KDC Papillons!
Hello KDC Papillons!
Just a quick update as we enter the competition season…
1. We are currently scheduled to compete at Rising Star the weekend of March 19-21st at the Scottish Rite Cathedral in Allentown. They do not yet know how they will be running the competition. A lot depends on what the venue decides and what restrictions are like in March. So please block off the entire weekend.
2. Omega Dance Challenge has not posted 2021 dates and I have not been able to get in touch with anyone so I am assuming they are not having a competition this year.
3. I am currently looking at Dancers, Inc. for our second competition. That will be the weekend of April 30-May 2 at the Scottish Rite Cathedral in Allentown. Again, please block off the entire weekend. They will be doing block scheduling which means they will only have one studio in at a time. That time could fall anywhere during that weekend.
4. I am also looking into virtual competitions in case these competitions fall through. The most promising one I’ve found so far is Turn it Up (Dancers, Inc. also has a virtual component). They are currently running virtual competitions the last weekend of every month so this is something that we can submit a video relatively last minute if one of the competitions has to cancel. They also have an in-person competition in Lancaster the weekend of April 23rd (in case Rising Star cancels but we still want to do two in-person competitions).
5. I am also not planning on having a dress rehearsal. Instead, the last week before Rising Star, I’ll have everyone bring their costumes into practice so they can run their routines in them.
ALSO, I will be handing out FREE t-shirts with our new competition team name and logo before the first competition! I just need your size so please return the bottom of this paper ASAP. If you or your parents would like additional shirts, they will also be sold online through Geist.
We are also pleased to present new competition team jackets with the new team name and logo! It is not required to purchase these jackets now, however new team members next year will be required to purchase them.
That’s all the news I have right now. I’ll keep you posted as I get more information but expect some last-minute adjustments as we all do our best to get through this competition season.