Recital 2020 Information
This year, due to the growth of KDC, we will have two shows. The Advanced classes will be in BOTH shows. Every other class will only be in ONE show. This is to keep the recital lengths down to a reasonable amount of time so they can be enjoyed by everyone. If you are in multiple classes, it is possible you will be in both shows.
- Recital –
o Show A: Saturday June 6th at 4:30PM
o Show B: Sunday June 7th at 2PM
o Both shows are at Schaeffer Auditorium (Kutztown University)
- Dress Rehearsal –
o Show A: Friday June 5th at 6PM
o Show B: Saturday June 6th at 10AM
o Both rehearsals are at Schaeffer Auditorium (Kutztown University)
See below for classes in Show A and Show B
Other Miscellaneous Recital Information:
1. Opening Number – Starting March 1st, there will be a sign-up sheet on the bulletin board for students ages 10 and up to sign up for the opening number. This is a separate routine that will encompass the various dance forms and will be a fun way to bring the studio together and start the show off strong. Rehearsals will be on Saturday afternoons during the months of April and May.
2. Finale – To tie the show together, there will be a finale at the end that EVERYONE will be required to participate in. It is nothing complicated, simply everyone walks out on stage and sits down as teachers are introduced and awards are given out. We will line everyone up and practice the walk-on at the end of dress rehearsal, so make sure you do not leave before dress rehearsal is over.
3. Picture Week – Steve Pestrock will be our photographer this year. He will be coming out during your child’s class time to take pictures the week of May 11th – May 15th. That week, during class you will get your picture taken. Even if you do not plan on buying pictures, please have your hair up, wear tights and be prepared to have your picture taken since he will also be taking group pictures and we want every single student in the photo! Costumes will be handed out that week to take home.
a. SATURDAY CLASSES
i. The Saturday Creative Movement class will come in on Friday May 15th at 5PM to get your pictures taken.
ii. The Saturday Ballet/Acro class will come in on Friday May 15th at 5:15PM to get their pictures taken
b. COMPETITION NUMBERS
i. This year, we are doing a group picture of all competition members that will be then be displayed with the trophies in the waiting room. The picture will be taken on Tuesday May 12th at 6:45PM. Please wear black leggings and your competition team jacket with your hair up in a bun. If you would like to purchase individual pictures in your competition costumes, you can do that after the group photo or with your other class photos.
4. Backstage parents – Closer to the recital, we will have sign-up sheets for parents to volunteer for various roles. While it is not required to volunteer, it is strongly encouraged! Aside from the fun we have, it is a wonderful chance to get to know your fellow parents and to see exactly what goes on backstage during a show. We will need help in a variety of ways from ushers and ticket sellers (front-of-house volunteers) to help backstage. All combo classes, creative movement classes, and all the beginning classes will be in the Little Theater and will require one adult per class to supervise. Each volunteer will receive one free ticket to the show. Front seats in the auditorium will be reserved so volunteer parents can watch their children’s routines.
5. Costumes – Costumes are beginning to come in and as they do, we will need parents to volunteer to steam. If you are waiting around and would like to help, please see any of the teachers to get you set up.
6. More detailed information will be sent out in the Recital Handbook closer to the show-date.